Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Can only see half of the screen when I play games

This is a discussion on Can only see half of the screen when I play games within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hellow all and thanks for any help... Here is my problem... When I load a game, anygame, the game loads

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hellow all and thanks for any help...
Here is my problem...
When I load a game, anygame, the game loads as if there is 2 monitors, there is only half of the screen showing. I only have 1 monitor set up. I dont know how it happened. This has happened before and I went somewhere and found a box and clicked somthing like "only use one monitor" and either in that same box, or a different one, I remember that there was 2 boxes, one with a 1 in it and the other with a 2 in it which was smaller than the first. I also have a Geforce FX 5200 128 MB video card, the "only use one monitor" might have been in there but I cant seem to find it. Please help, as I can not play any games at the moment....if you need more info, let me know.
And this only happens when I play games, AOL and anyother thing shows up fine, nothing cut off
Thanks

Old 10-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
Registered Member

I have the same card and got the same problem. Pretty sure it has something to do with antialiasing or anisotrophic filtering. Turn these off in your nvidia settings and should all be good. I think its just the antialiasing setting though. Only happens on some games for me.

Old 10-28-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
Registered Member

wow, thanks so much, so far so good, havent checked my other games but one works...i still wonder where the "only use one monitor" was and the 2 boxes were but o well. thanks