Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe" terminated unexpectedly status code 2147483641

29K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  igodate 
#1 ·
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe" terminated unexpectedly status code 2147483641

I get after being on windows xp Prof for a few minutes the following error message and the pc shuts down 60 seconds.

The system process "C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe" terminated unexpectedly with status code -2147483641. The system will now shut down and restart. I have use typed in the run section "shutdown -a to stop the pc from shutting down to run corrective software but it still shows up.

I have not been able to locate my status code shown above.

#6 ·
Re: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe" terminated unexpectedly status code 2147483641

"I get after being on windows xp Prof for a few minutes"

sorry i got the impression that you just started using pro version.
try a kaspersky online scan for anything there.

#8 ·
Re: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe" terminated unexpectedly status code 2147483641

well services.exe shows that its crashing..so i would recommend checking your settings, making sure you write them down.
then static it up, use tcp/ip v4 is you have the option of 4 or 6 :)

#9 ·

how did you fix this? i have the same thing hapening to my puter. i have no network adapters and i can still connect to the internet.
i have nothing in my device manager. and it says i have no plug n play

help i have called tech support and thier solution is to reformat and that is not an option for me. i am not good with puters at all so please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.