Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

buzzcustom.com virus

This is a discussion on buzzcustom.com virus within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of buzzcustom.com virus?? every time I open enternet explorer. it goes

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of buzzcustom.com virus??
every time I open enternet explorer. it goes to my home page the it go to buzzcustom.com and starts flashing.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
- Hardware Team
- Articles Team
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 64bit Professional (SP1), Windows 8.1 64bit

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

If you think you have a virus please read all of the steps found here: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After reading all of the steps post in our Virus Section: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

Do not post any logs here!

Intel, NVidia, Xbox One, Android, Gigabyte
Old 06-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Registered Member

I got a same problem 4 days ago, and finally I found the way to get rid of.
If you use Google Chrome, check "Tool (L)" at the right side top, and click

Tool (L) -> Task Manager (T) and see which program tries to open buzzcustom.com.

Once you find it out, go to the control panel to uninstall that program and this virus site will be blocked.

My case was I found some sort of video search program leads to open buzzcustom....
Old 06-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

@creamymilk that doesn't get rid of the virus, it just stops it from re-directing. You still need to do a full virus scan with more then one tool to rid yourself of the virus. Due to Forum Rules, we cannot comment or assist in Virus removal here. Follow Masterchief's link and post in that section of the forum.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Registered Member

@spunk.funk, I did virus scan and did not find any virus file or program, however it just kept opening buzzcustom.com.

and after I uninstalled the program that I found by task manager, I did not have any problem anymore.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
Registered Member

My daughter's laptop has also been infected by this buzzcustom.com virus & is preventing her from any effective use of the internet. She does not have google chrome & so we cannot try out @Creamymik's advice. I am new to this forum & therefore am unfamiliar with the location of Masterchief's link in order to follow @Spunk.funk's advice.
Anyone care to offer some practical advice or point me in the right direction please ?
Thank you.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

we are not allowed to comment or advise on Virus/Malware here because of Forum rules. Please click on the link @Masterchief posted in post #2 or click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help, and follow those instructions and post in that section of the forum for more help. To follow @creamymilks suggestion, right click the Task Bar and start the Task Manager go to the Processes tab open your browser and follow the instructions from there.

Closed Thread