Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

BSOD's 0x0000000A - Plz Help

This is a discussion on BSOD's 0x0000000A - Plz Help within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I've been having some major BSOD issues lately. I was having constant crashes at 0x0000008E which I solved

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all,

I've been having some major BSOD issues lately. I was having constant crashes at 0x0000008E which I solved by going back to the old Geforce 180.xx drivers, but for some reason all the new 190.xx+ drivers cause me to crash at NV4_mini.sys file and I don't know why. Anyway onto my current problem, I am still getting 1 last BSOD daily that I can't seem to solve and I'm looking for some help. It seems to happen whenever I play music or a DVD movie on my computer. Lets say I put a DVD in and start watching it, im 100% sure to get a 0x0000000A BSOD before it even gets 1/2 way through the movie. Also If I play music for extended periods of time I also crash at the same error. I have ran Memtest and it says my Memory is fine, I even pulled it out and cleaned it off and made sure it was seated correctly and I still get the error. I have uploaded my crash dump files and if anyone can give me some ideas on what I can try to solve this it would help me a great deal.

http://rapidshare.com/files/33253114...dumps.zip.html

System Specs
-----
Windows XP Pro
P4 3.4
1gb Ram
BFG Geforce 7800 GS OS 256mb
Realtek AC'97 Onboard Sound
(Current Direct X)
(Current Audio Driver v406)
(Nvidia Geforce ForceWare v180.84 WHQL Drivers for WinXP 32-bit English)

Thanks,
Brandon

Old 01-09-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Visitng Expert

Hello Brandon

It would seem to be a video driver problem
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card

Uninstall the video drivers

Download Driver Sweeper
Run Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode and remove all traces of NVIDIA video drivers.
Then install the latest drivers.

If you still get problems, Look for other drivers and run Driver Sweeper again before installing them.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Dunedin,

Well I uninstalled the drivers then booted into safemode and used driver sweeper and cleared every trace of Nvidia off my drive, then booted up into normal mode and re-downloaded and re-installed the newest drivers 195.62 and I got the same problem I had before with the 0x000000D1 NV4_mini.sys crashes. I can't even stay in windows for more than 15 min before it would crash. So I removed the drivers, driver sweeped them in safe mode, and then installed the 182.08 drivers. Its been a few days now and I've had no NV4_Mini.sys crashes. I don't understand why the new drivers are causing me to crash. I have done updated spyware & virus scans and have come up clean so I don't think its a virus. Details on the crash below

STOP: 0x000000D1
(0x008F0D18, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0xF231A73C)

NV4_Mini.sys (Address F231A73C Base At F1DD9000, date stamp 4b076341

I think when you checked my minidump files, you may have checked some of the first ones that could of been of older crashes. See right now as long as I stay on these 182.08 drivers I will never crash with the NV4_Mini.sys so that problem has to do with something in the new drivers.

My problem is... while im on the 182.08 drivers im having another issue that I believe would also happen on any of the new drivers. I think its some type of audio/video problem. For example, I just downloaded the new Camfrog program from download.com. If im on it watching video after a while at some random time (could be 10 Min, or it could be 3 Hours) my PC will just crash with a STOP 0x0000000A error.

I've ran TuneUp Utilities and Registry Mechanic and fixed all the registry problems but I still seem to get the 0x0000000A problem. I can't find out what is causing it and ive been trying everything. I don't even know if the problem is Nvidia drivers, I ran a debug on them myself and its pointing to...

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+4b6c )

I talked to someone else on messanger and he told me I have some missing or corrupted kernal files or something and posted this...

n|US|iso8859-1.n|US|iso8859-1.r|CA|iso8859-1.a|JP|unicode..

Not really sure what he is talking about or if he really knows anything but I thought I would mention that. I have cleaned out my dump folder and have collected the new dump files for the newest crashes ive been getting and uploaded them at the link below. If anyone has any ideas please post...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZYIKHY7

Thanks,
Wolfy