Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

BSOD Safe mode freezes at mfehidk.sys

This is a discussion on BSOD Safe mode freezes at mfehidk.sys within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I have a sony viao with the TPM and finger print security. it has microsoft office 2007 and mcafee

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello

I have a sony viao with the TPM and finger print security.
it has microsoft office 2007 and mcafee antivirus and firewall for work related use. Is a company laptop.

What happens is it Blue screens talking about hard drive space. and then when you try to boot in safe mode it stops at mfehidk.sys and doesnt go any farther into safe mode. Any idea what could cause this?

it worked and an email was sent. then it was shut down and now this. So what causes this to happen?

the model is the SONY VIAO VGN Z540

Please help
thanks

Old 02-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #2
Registered Member

I just tried to load a fresh copy of windowsxp and it froze after loading drivers right before windows was starting but before the formating options. I would think this is either a bad hard drive or bad sectors. now the question is. Can that be fixed by taking out the hard drive and putting it into another computer that has its own OS and formatting the hard drive?

Please someone answer quickly if possible.