Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsod on new build?

2K views 46 replies 5 participants last post by  Fishy4Lif3 
#1 · (Edited)
I just installed windows XP on a new build. And I got a BSOD in 30 minutes. :(
That is all. I'll let you know if the problem happens again, but what shall I do to avoid another one?

EDIT: Now it just froze after I posted the thread. (I think I'm a failure with building now.:sigh:)

SECOND EDIT: It froze again! :( [This time it was after about 15-30 minutes.]

#3 ·
so it is booting into xp fine but then has a BSOD what error messages are you seeing. seems like you probably have a device driver problem...have you checked in device manager to see if there are any yellow exclamation marks?? are you using onboard video or do you have a video card installed? what about sound onboard or install sound card?

#4 · (Edited)
Ok, Here are the computer specs:

K7vm4 motherboard
512 mb ram
2ghz AMD processor
Nvidia Quadro NVS 280 (64mb)
Antec power supply model bp350
80gb hard drive
Dvd RW drive

Edit: I sucessfully installed all drivers. I'm pretty sure they all work fine.
EDIT: There are no yellow exclamations in Device Manger.

#8 ·
cpu is tied up and causes the freezes somethings are running in the background tying up processor. is this a brand new harddrive? maybe a sign your harddrive is bad also the power supply wattage seems very low ...clearly more Ram will help but all these BSODs and freezing are not normal even for your specs. and the RAm is new or old

#14 ·
When you get time, double check those voltages and post them. They should list what each one is right beside the +12. For example +12 = 11.87 or something like that.

BTW, the CPU temp while not out of control is a little high for the CPU you are running IMHO. The MB temp looks fine. If this were mine, I would most likely change the thermal paste to cool it down a bit. However, I don't think that is why it is shutting down at the moment under normal use. Are you overclocking or running a strenuous game when it shuts down?

#16 ·
Here it goes:

Vcore: 1.69v
+3.30v 3.31v
+5.00v 4.95v
+12.00v 12.03v

By the way, on my last year of middle school my principal also retried. It might be you. ;)
Another thing, my computer just froze again playing a game called Runescape on maxed out HD settings. The case for this computer is an antec 900 with 5 fans inside it, so it shouldn't be over-heating. :)

#18 · (Edited)
Hmm, I don't believe I can get another power supply but should I try and change the voltage switch in the back from 115 to 230?

I've never done this before or played around with the volt switch because I really don't understand voltage.

EDIT: Also, I thought Antec made great Power Supplies. They do have a name for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.