Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Browser Freeze Up

This is a discussion on Browser Freeze Up within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. No matter which browser I use, it freezes up on me constantly. What can I do to fix this problem?

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

No matter which browser I use, it freezes up on me constantly. What can I do to fix this problem?

Old 10-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

Are your Windows Updates current? You should have SP3. Run MSINFO 32 and see what it says.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Your first stop in that case should be to post what is necessary in the Malware Forum, see below.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super slow and facebook/email hacked
This is my girlfriends computer. It has become super slow and most recently has had tons of popups and was hacked by something she clicked on that went into her facebook and e-mail account. Her passwords have been changed on my computer. Thanks for all the help! DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) -...
Invertediq Resolved HJT Threads 12 11-11-2011 08:34 PM
I'm tech support, need help, this thing is nasty.
I've thrown everything I could at this so far. Malware bytes, superantispyware, hijack this, ccleaner... I could throw more I guess. I'm going to take the drive out and scan it on another machine. But I have seen this before and it angers me. SVCHOST.EXE starts eating resources, less...
DriftLife Resolved HJT Threads 15 08-04-2011 08:09 PM
Need assistance removing the Windows Recovery Virus
I am helping my brother's friend who's PC has been infected with the Windows Recovery Virus. I ran Malwarebytes numerous times. Each time it finds the virus and "removes" it but yet after every restart the virus is still there. I would have tried Combofix, but apparently it doesn't like the version...
tigerfansince84 Resolved HJT Threads 8 06-23-2011 06:23 AM
msvcr90.dll is not a valid
The application or dll. C:\programme files \ Norton 360\engine \4.3.0.5\ Microsoft.vc90.crt\msvcr90.dll is not valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette. Any help on this issue would be great. I have no access to the internet except through smart phone. ...
Andybriggz Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 18 02-05-2011 12:06 PM