Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Screen of Death at win32K.sys.

11K views 21 replies 3 participants last post by  triviaace 
#1 ·
Recently the blue screen of death has been arising. The problem cause is listed as win32K.sys, address BF85FC9E, base at BF800000, Date stamp 52f43e77. I have not loaded any new hardware lately and this problem occurs after I click on a link, mostly an email link. This annoying problem will not stop so I am requesting assistance. Thank you.

#4 ·
It should be in the My Documents folder. Go to My Documents and go to the Tool bar View/Folder Options/ check Show Hidden Files and Folders.
Once you find the TSF_XP_Support yellow folder, right click it and Send To.. compressed (zipped) file and attach that to your post in the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista section of the forum and not here, please.

#8 ·
The link I sent in Post #4 and #6 is not a program, it is a link with specific instructions on how to post to the BSOD section of the forum. It is titled for later versions of Windows but pertains to XP as well, please follow the instructions and post to that section of the forum and not here.

#9 ·
The links you sent me in #4 and #6 pertain to programs prior to Vista. I am running Windows XP and I wind up with C:\Documents and Settings\Leon\My documents\Downloads\SysnativeBSODCollectionsApp.exe which runs and tells me to press any key.It also states that this program is not supported by programs prior to Vista. When I press any key, the page disappears and nothing further happens. What next?

#11 ·
"BSOD Posting Instructions

1. Download the Sysnative BSOD Dump + System File Collection App - save to Documents folder - http://www.sysnative.com/apps/SysnativeBSODCollectionApp.exe

2. Run the app - double-click on the EXE file from #1
· Output = new folder created in Documents + a zipped version -- SysnativeFileCollectionApp + SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

3. Run a System Health Report (PERFMON) -
· Vista/Windows 7 - START | type perfmon /report | save as HTML file
· Windows 8.1/8 - Press WIN+X keys - selec"

You keep telling me to follow instructions. Well I did and nothing happened. Please note that item 1 said to download and save. I did that. Item 2 said to run the app. I did that and the result was that it would not work for Windows XP which when I followed instructions to press any key, the app vanished and nothing was saved. Item 3 says applicable to Windows7 and 8, not XP. There must be another way.

#16 ·
I got the following from Bleeping Computer.

Thank you for the minidump: I think we are on the right track here and I see a number of possibilities. With any luck I should be able to pinpoint the problem with some more information rather than take a "stab in the dark" approach" from this point.

Let's collect some more information: I'll have a look at it and help you try to resolve the problem.

:step1: Download the following 2 files and save both to the My Documents folder:
BSOD_XP_v1.3_jcgriff2_PROD_.exe - a system file collection application provided by jcgriff2
autoruns.exe - an application provided by Microsoft SysInternals.

:step2: Go to the My Documents folder and run #1 (BSOD_XP_v1.3_jcgriff2_PROD_.exe). (That will also run #2.)

It will take a little time to complete: Please be patient and wait for it to finish.
A new folder named TSF_XP_Support will be created in My Documents.

:step3: Zip up the newly created TSF_XP_Support folder.
Right-click on the TSF_XP_Support folder > Send to ... > Compressed (zipped) Folder.
The newly created zip file will be located in the My Documents folder.

:step4: Please upload the zip file to a file sharing website of your choice and and post a link to it in this thread so that we can access your uploaded zip file.

Note: The BC forums will allow a total attachment size of only 512 kb (and what you need to attach will exceed this limit).
See the suggestions in the following links for recommendations on file sharing websites:
Best Online File Sharing Services
15 Great Free Online File Sharing Alternatives
The 5 Best Free File Hosting Services To Store Your Files! | SmashingApps.com

Steps 1 and 2 ran as described, however when I looked in My Documents as instructed in Step 3, the folder TSF_XP_Support was not created. Could a virus be defeating this step or could Norton Security Suite be preventing the folder's creation? I'm at a loss.

#18 · (Edited)
Go to C:/Documents and Settings in this folder is all the user profile folders by user name, the one you are logged into will be expanded. Open any other user profile folder,go to the My Documents folder and see if it is under another users name.
Also, Go to Start/Search/All Files and Folders. type in the name TSF_XP_Support, make sure it is searching the Whole C: drive. If this fails, restart the computer and press F8 at bootup. Choose Safe Mode with Networking. See if you see it here. If not, boot to Safe Mode with Networking and log in as the Built in Administrator. Run the program again and see if it loads.
Other then that, you are being helped elsewhere, it's best to stay with that thread. If you insist on posting here, then Please, Please, Please open a new thread here: BSOD section and do not post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.