Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Screen - no boot disk

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bangra 
#1 ·
Hi,

Need help please!

Got the blue screen yesterday..I have no boot disk or any other disk that came with my PC when I bought it. What do I do?
many thanks:4-dontkno

#3 ·
Hi,
For three days I was having problems with connecting to Tiscali internet. I called them and they said the error was from their end - the error message said 'cannot connect to remote computer' or something. I called 24 hrs later and they said it was not their end but my end.The girl gave me some sort of command prompt to put in 'run'. I restarted computer and the problem was still there so she said someone would contact me tonight.
Prior to that I had installed Norton 2008 so after I restarted it after what she'd told me to put in 'run' I uninstalled Norton. I think it was was after doing that it suddenly went to the blue screen. I have logged on and off about 12 times and get to the screen which give you choices eg last config, safe 'mode'...is it?? safe something anyway..that F8 thing

Ijust don't know what to do with it...

#5 ·
Hi,

I already DID uninstall Norton and I think shortly after that it crashed. I can't seem to get anywhere at all. I either get the blue screen or the black screen which gives options of last confirguation or safe mode etc but none of them really take me anywhere else. I can't get past them. If I get neither the blue screen or the black screen with these options I just get a blank screen with no writing on at all. i think maybe I need to choose the option with the 'run command' or whatev er it is but I wouldn't know what to type in if I got there.

Thanks for your help but this seems to be getting nowhere. ineed my PC up and running as soon as I can. I'll take it to a repair shop or buy a new one....:pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.