Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bios update and win8 error

3K views 37 replies 6 participants last post by  Wrench97 
#1 ·
Hello.

My pc specifications:

os: windows xp sp 3 (but has a lot of software errors, especially microsoft frame)

ram:1.5 gb ddrram

gpu:256 mb gpu

cpu:2.8 ghz p4 (i have 3.2 too but the temperature goes so high with it)
Commannd set(i am writing this because x86 means i should install 64 bit?)
x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2

gigabyte GA-8IPE1000MK motherboard.

bios: Award BIOS iletisi Intel 865PE AGPSet BIOS for 8IPE1000MK F9
Award BIOS Türü Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Are you looking for a BIOS Upgrade? Contact eSupport Today! (suggests that but it asks to pay money)

I instaleld win 8 to my brothers pc and (in specifications, it says win 8 needs at least 2 gb ram) it did not use so much ram. So i think i can use it.

I cant run win 8 advisor because i toldabout errors in windows. IT cant even update.

So, i tried to install win 8 yersterday but it gave error.
0x0005d

This means about cpu. My cpu doesnot support. About nx technology of it. But i read , i have to update my bios. SO i tried to update, there are 2 options, one of them save bios to floppy disk, other is update from floopy. How can i update my bios without floppy? I have floopy but i dont know if it still works.

Now i will install xp to run wi n 8 advisor.

Please help me. Nowi have all windows (from universtiy) xp vista 7 and 8 , even 8.1. But i want 8. This is old pc i know but xp has chronic software problems and i am bored of it. I am using for 6-7 years without formatting. It was nice. Thanks xp but i dont know.

summary:QUestions

Do i need to update my bios to be able to install win8?

See less See more
#2 ·
If the PC is running Windows XP then I would advise to NOT update to Windows 8.

Chances are you will not be able to find any drivers for the system and it will cause issues.

Do not update the BIOS as choosing the wrong BIOS or updating incorrectly will cause the PC to become a big paper weight.

#7 · (Edited)
I saw these messages now. Sorry.

I wont update, i will delete everything and will install new. After installing xp, it was hard to find drivers too. I manually had to install.

So i wont touch bios.

And if i cant find any drivers , i will again install xp.

GA-8IPE1000MK is a Socket 478 motherboard
A P4 Northwood core 2.8 CPU is not 64 bit, only 32> ARK | Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.80 GHz, 512K Cache, 533 MHz FSB
Command set x86 means you can not install a 64 bit operating system.7

Are you trying to install Win8 x32 or Win8 x64?

I wont care if 32 or 64 but dvd has both. I mean i downloaded win8 32bit64 bit in same dvd. But i installed bmy brothers' and it did not ask which one to choose. But it shows 32 bit x86 now. I thought that my pc has 64 bit but i nstalled 32 but this is not my problem. I want to fix my pc.

why do you say xp has lots of problem. windows xp has been the most stable operating system Microsoft has ever created up until windows 7.

You cannot put a 64 bit OS on a cpu that only supports 32 bit. There will not be a BIOS update that fixes this.

Now i installed xp for hours and maybe because of my hardware, i have just troubled many problems. For example adobe flash not installing etc.

I love xp, i gave a lot of years to it but slow opening closing. And old. I want to try 7 or 8 but it seems 7 . If noti wont install vista, xp home edition or professional.

#6 ·
why do you say xp has lots of problem. windows xp has been the most stable operating system Microsoft has ever created up until windows 7.

You cannot put a 64 bit OS on a cpu that only supports 32 bit. There will not be a BIOS update that fixes this.

#9 ·
Yes i downloaded them, but no aumatically installed cliking setup or install. I had to choose manually from device manager by one by.

I am really bored of xp, there is no paint. And i looked for it but there is no search like win7 or 8 or vista to searching everywhere.

And update cant work, it gives errors. I mean microsoft updates. But it is not problem, i will format.

I run wni 7 tool and it told i can run 7 but win8 doesnot work. It needs sop 3 but i have sp1. Maybe i can download sp 3 but i dont have time. I will go to 7 i tihnk.

I downloaded from a complicated link but Yildiz Techinal University Microsoft dreams park.

Name is:

Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 32/64-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark - Downlo

Tjhis downloads iso , i burned to dvd. Then i ran it but i dont remember if it asked me if 32 or 64. I think it chose itself.

and this is 7

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 32/64-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark - Download

There are 190 programs but i did not look anty of htem.

21 olf them operating systems.

And there is sp 3 Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark

I have myself sp 1 cd.

And what is that? Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 Debug/Checked Build
Should i install this or win 7 pro?

#10 ·
Your Motherboard GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 478 - GA-8IPE1000MK (rev. 1.x) does not have drivers or support for any Windows OS later then XP, you can try and install Windows 7 but chances are great that some of your hardware would not work because there are no drivers for them (LAN, Audio, Video)
I would download the XP SP3 disc and install that and get all Windows Updates. If you are bored with XP, get a newer computer.

#12 ·
Ok thank you all.

And what browser do you suggest for this old system, chrome maxhton opera?

I will try to install win7 pro now, if it gives error for example drivers lan driver, i will install xp pro sp 3. I dont have choice. I donrt want vista.Xp is better and comfortable i think. I am going into format for 4.times in 2 days, harddrive is getting nervous to me.

#15 ·
If you are using Windows 7 I would recommend Internet Explorer 10.

If you are using Windows XP then I would suggest Chrome as IE 8 is the highest you can go.

I tried to test all in this computer. Firefox needs a lot of cpu so i cant use it. I like it too much, a lot of extensions, cool interface is but i cant.

I still did not install 7 so maybe there can be something different.

For example chrome has ability to end a tab or page without closing others. This is good for my computer, often ram goes high.

I need a light browser and simple. I can watch 2-3 videos at same time. But your computers rams are high so you cant understand how i try to watch a video :)

#16 ·
All modern browsers allow you to close tabs without closing the main window. There is an X in the upper right corner of each tab to close them. You can run FF and other browsers with No Addons (eg) Help/Restart with Addons Disabled. This is as light as any browser gets. If you are short on RAM, then don't install Windows 7 Ultimate or Professional, use Starter edition which is the lightest Windows version, or get more RAM

#18 ·
Hello. I am that cursed guy. Let me tell what i did.

I tried to win7 , it was a successful installing.After booting, it couldnot load windows. So i tried safe mode etc but it was same, couldnot load. So i withrawed win 7 8.

Tried to install my xp pro sp3. Fİrst i downloaded it fromschool and burned to cd, not dvd liek win 7 or 8. I made boot from cd but my pc did not see it.

I tried my old xp home edition cd, my pc booted from cd rthis time.

But i saw that win7 divided c drive into 2 drives. So i deleted both and seperated.

Then tried to installl my old xp but it gave errors. A lot of errors whkile installing. I click all esc but then it could not start up.So i found a win xp pro old cd. I tried this and home erdioton 3-4 times. At last after errors while installing, now i am on a xp but i dont know which one ( my aim was to load xp and put cd while on windows, so i can install sp 3).

And but this time my mouse and keyboard did not work while registering a fter installing. So i brought my old type mouse ( not usb, other one , i dont know name, keyboard is purple, mouse is green socket) and put it. Now that mouse is working and suddenyly keyboard started to work too.

Now, my xp sp3 cd is in cdrom. My computer shows "gtmp"(the name of cd ) in cdrom, i click to open it, error is "g (the drivers name) is not a suitable win32 application.

I amr eally bored, i cant even install xp.

What i want to do is, clicking cdrom, then clicking setup and installing xp because booting cdrom doesnot work. I did not burn wrong, i did what i did in win 7 or 8.

#19 ·
Do you have XP installed? If so, right click My Computer and choose Properties. This will tell you what version and what SP you have. You can download SP3 from here. Download Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers from Official Microsoft Download Center
You may need to go to Windows Update to install all Critical and Optional Updates first. If you still have problems, go to Start/Run and type SFC /scannow press enter put the XP disc in that you installed from and it will replace any missing system files.
For future reference you can slipstream SP3 and other updates (IE8, Hotfixes etc) into your XP disc using nLIte. Slipstream Service Pack 3 into Your Windows XP Installation CD

#20 ·
Hey, it is my fault. I thought i downloaded xp with sp3 but i downloaded the package in your link. So i am downloading

Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark

right now.

But there are a lot of links, i am a bit confused.

I will install this sp3 firstly.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark
Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark

there are old versions.

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark

This is package. I dont need it, i am downloading. Because my xp installation had a lot of errors, the xp cd iis damaged i think.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Upgrade (64-bit)

and this, after installing xpsp3, maybe i can try this? I dont know if my cpu lets.

And

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1

xp home edition or pro or another xp i dont know, i couldnot understand this.

And finally,

Microsoft Windows XP Driver Development Kit (English) - DreamSpark - Download

Do i need this?

#22 ·
Yes, i downloaded it.

I downloaded xp with sp3. It was about 551 mb. I burned it. Now it is on cdrom and name is grtmpfpp_tr. WHen i click to make autorun, it will bring xp install interface. I click install xp, black cmd screen appears and then disappears.

Before this, i put cdrom and tried to boot from cd. But it did not work. It keeps on"press any key". İ click any key, but keyboard doesnot work in that time and keeps waits on click any key
click any key.
click any key..
click any key...

then waits. I click but doesnot see my keyboard. I will use now old model keyboard to see if my usb drivers are damages but i dont think so. Because as i told now, now i am on xp sp2 i think, i click install xp, normally it should bring installing page.

What can ido?

#26 ·
I made another cd and tried at another computer, same error. Waiting. But i exactly did same what i did in while burning win 7 and 8. They worked but this doesnot work. Maybe i should burn to dvd? BUt is 551 mb in iso, 591 mb in cd.

And also wghen i put into cdrom while in xp or (in another pc) in win8, it brings autorun and xp install interface.

#28 ·
It keeps on"press any key". İ click any key, but keyboard doesnot work
Your CD is fine, your keyboard is not recognized during the boot up process. Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals, here look for Legacy USB or USB Keyboard or some such, if it is disabled, using your arrow key, Enable it. Restart the computer with the disc in it, when you see the message Press Any Key To Boot From CD you keyboard should now work.

#29 ·
Thamk you all. The error was with burning program. I used the program microsoft dreampark suggested, it was fine with dvd s of win 7 and 8 but xp cd gave error. It did not bring install page inside xp when i put cd rom. So i used Wrench97 s suggestion and it asked boot image whileburning. So, it is ok now. I am now on my new xp sp3.

I dont want to install a lot of spyware, optimization programs, antivirus, etc. Do you have a list of what programs old computers should have or without antivirus optimization, is it fine?

#33 ·
1.5 gb ram. They use small memory but when i open task manager, i dont want to see a lot of processes. In old pc, there were 7-8 processes. Now aroudn 15-20.

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are there any devices with yellow flags?
Do you have an nVidia video card? You shouldn't load any nVidia drivers unless you have an nVida card. The Intel Pro 100 is your LAN Driver which you need for wired internet. These drivers are required to run those devices and do not take up extra Memory.
Except for an added video card, You should only get your drivers from the Gigabyte site for your board: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 478 - GA-8IPE1000MK (rev. 1.x)
Be sure to load the Chipset and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager
There are no yellow flags. I updated all manually. I have niidia graphic card, ı installed driver and each tyime wondiows started, in system tray, nviadia started too so i disabled it.

I got lan driver from gigabyte site and then downloaded from intel s site to update. And now in processes, there are ipromonitor exe. If i disable it, nothing happens.

#32 ·
Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are there any devices with yellow flags?
Do you have an nVidia video card? You shouldn't load any nVidia drivers unless you have an nVida card. The Intel Pro 100 is your LAN Driver which you need for wired internet. These drivers are required to run those devices and do not take up extra Memory.
Except for an added video card, You should only get your drivers from the Gigabyte site for your board: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 478 - GA-8IPE1000MK (rev. 1.x)
Be sure to load the Chipset and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager

#35 ·
I disabled all sound video drivers on startup.

Only a ram cleaner to see how much ram i have without oepening somewhere, looking to tray.

I am using mcrosoft securirty essentials but now my browser open tabs randomly sometimes, a malware, adyield manager. Should i use also a antimwalre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.