Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Before you can print, you need to select a printer

This is a discussion on Before you can print, you need to select a printer within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. System Info: XPsp2 Microsoft Office 2003 When selecting to print from any program, in this example it is M$ Outlook

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

System Info:
XPsp2
Microsoft Office 2003
When selecting to print from any program, in this example it is M$ Outlook 2K3, it will throw an error message stating that no printer is selected and goes on to give you the option to find or install a printer. The computer has printers installed already and a Laserjet 4250 is the default. There is also Microsoft Office Document Image writer, and a Rightfax printer installed. Noticing this lately on 3 different computers in the office. Found other forum topics related to this elsewhere but no resolution except to contact Microsoft for a hotfix. Anybody have any other suggestions?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need to reinstall my Dell A920 printer after every print
I have a Dell A920 printer. It worked completely fine for quite a while, then all of a sudden it didn't print. When I open the active printers, it shows the job I sent to it, but it isn't printing and it wont let me cancel it. I need to reboot, then uninstall the drivers, then reinstall them...
needurhelp77 Printer Support 0 04-20-2006 02:38 AM
Printer Won't Print Black!!! Help!!!
Hi all. We have a HP psc 1315xi that will print color, but not black!!! Very strange. The printer is new and worked with our old Emachines computer and my laptop. We just hooked it up with our new computer. It won't print with my laptop either. I tried reinstalling the software once, and I can't do...
divad130 Printer Support 7 10-03-2005 07:10 PM
HP 656c Printer wont complete print
I have a queer problem where the printer wont always complete the print job but starts to print strange characters and will continue to do this on sheet after sheet if I do not turn off the printer. I have tried loading the latest driver from HP. It does appear it is worse affected if you try to...
Arpop Printer Support 0 02-27-2005 11:15 AM
printer won't print
My Epson Stylus 800 ESC/P2 will not print and the ink out light keeps blinking, even with a new cartridge. The printer is recognized and sets up successfully but when I try to print a test page, nothing happens and I have not received any error messages...I 've tried everything that I have run...
mars3stars Other Hardware Support 5 05-13-2002 10:15 PM