Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

beethov9.wma and SP3 install

This is a discussion on beethov9.wma and SP3 install within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm trying to install SP3 on an XP Pro machine, and I keep getting the following error: "An Error

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
I'm trying to install SP3 on an XP Pro machine, and I keep getting the following error:

"An Error occurred while copying file beethov9.wma.
Cannot copy file to destination directory.
Click Retry to retry operation Click cancel"

I've done some searches regarding it and haven't had any luck. The most common "solution" is to allow sharing on the C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Documents\My Music\Sample Music folder. Apparently, SP3 is trying copy the beethov9 folder there. One problem, I don't have an All users\Documents folder to begin with. (I also have view on for hidden folders.) I've tried sharing my All Users folder without any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Registered Member

Ok, I solved this. Couple of things. First, I mentioned I didn't have an All users\Documents folder. What I did have was All users\SharedDocuments folder. Well, when I looked at the menu path in the navigation bar of the the files and folders window, it did indeed say Documents, not Shared Documents as is displayed in the file tree below. Nice and confusing... Anyway, what I did was go to the top All users folder and changed all of the security permissions to Everyone and Full Control, which changed all the subfolders to the same. (I had also shared the folders previously as per instructions from my research.) Changing the security permissions did the trick, and SP3 installed without a hitch.