Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrator can't install programs.

14K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ITTechspec044 
#1 ·
I am working on a laptop on which I am logged in under the administaror account. I have double checked that I am logging onto the computer and not our domain.

I am trying to in stall Adobe 8 Standard, and I have removed all previous versions of Adobe. I keep getting a pop up window saying:
"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

I don't understand how policies can be set against the administrator installing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Vista or actual WinXP? Vista is weird.

Adobe 8 Reader or the full version Adobe?

When you say "administrator account" do you mean as Administrator (case sensitive)?

Who installed the original previous versions of "Adobe?" If it was an OEM install (by your laptop's manufacturer) you may have a problem. Contact manufacturer's tech support.

#3 ·
Welcome to TSF....

What is the OS used on this laptop?

When you say Our Domain can you explain is this your own network or a company network?

Have you tried installing this when not connected to the LAN?

#4 ·
In response to you tecknomage:
I am running XP Pro SP2. I am trying to install Adobe Acrobat Standard. I've removed the previous versions which were installed by fellow IT members.
I am logging into the Administrator account, the users are simply set as power users.

@ThorXP:
This is our company network. Some of our users have to do offsite work and they just log onto their computer rather than the domain. I have tried installing it that way, but either way I still get the error message.

(Sorry if the format of this is off, I'm not a regular of here.)

#5 ·
SInce you have an IT team and are on a company network I would suggest to ask one or two of the IT experts what the thing is, I think you ar elacking a permission somewhere to have this done and they would be the ones to give the permissions to you, once this is done you should be all set.

#6 ·
I use the word team loosely. It is another person and I, and we both are stumped. I am logging in under the Administrator account, so I don't understand how I can be lacking permissions. I've looked around and found things about editing the registry, but nothing seems to work. I just put the registry back how I found it and move onto the next one.

I appreciate your replies, I'll try and figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.