Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

add keyboard shortcuts

838 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ooudestomp 
#1 ·
Hello, I have been searching for over an hour of something that will allow me to personalize my keyboard shortcuts like instead of copy being ctrl+c I can change it to two letters together like zx or -+ etc. What is the best way to do this. Thank you

#2 ·
Try using this - AutoHotkey - Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText

AutoHotkey is a free, open-source utility for Windows. With it, you can:

• Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or use the macro recorder.
  • Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse. Virtually any key, button, or combination can become a hotkey.
  • Expand abbreviations as you type them. For example, typing "btw" can automatically produce "by the way".

#3 ·
Just downloaded it even though my computer gave me a warning not to download it because others on this forum have used it without any problems. This program definitely isn't user friendly for a novice. If I wanted to change the copy from ctrl+c to zx how do I go about doing that. I imagine if I know how to do that I can probably figure out everything else I need to do with the program to serve my purpose. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.