Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

acer slow down

This is a discussion on acer slow down within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. ok heres my problem, my acer notbook hardrive light is flashing a lot thus slowing down everything, start up is

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

ok heres my problem,

my acer notbook hardrive light is flashing a lot thus slowing down everything, start up is slow, video playback and sound is skipping, tried playing youtube videos but video skip every other second as well as sound, hey maybe i have a dying hardrive? and then i reinstall the os and everything works perfect again but only for a a week then slow down and hardrive light flashes on again, i tried one of them sofware where it finds you all the updated firmware etc and still didnt help, i need help. thanx.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Roise

i think that your os was to large for your system or not compatible os....
HMMMM.... just try to delete the temp files.....

Old 08-20-2009, 04:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

This may help:
This solution worked for me:
"Fixing sound performance on an Acer laptop
Posted by Chris Corrigan - 23/01/07 at 12:01:29 am

I bought a new laptop last Friday - and Acer Aspire 5570 - and I’m finally happy with it, but it took a few days. THere was an annoying problem with poor sound and DVD performance, that seemed as if there was a big elephant hoggin memory somewhere. I tried dozens of solutions and finally found this guy, who tried everything I did too, except he solved the problem:

What I did to fix it was to go to the HARDWARE part under the SYSTEM options (Control Painel). Under the IDE Controllers part I had PRIMARY IDE and the INTEL one. What I did was right click and select UNINSTALL on the IDE one… When I rebooted the whole machine was way faster, specially sound playback. Under the IDE Controllers I still get the same icons (Primary IDE and the Intel one) but I’m 100% sure that this was the cause of the fix.

It worked for me as well, and everything just hums now."

Note: Don't need to read this part:
After about 7 months of having an Acer Aspire One laptop, my computer suddenly had the sound problems and became super slow. I eventually realized that it must be a RAM problem/problem with processes, so I found RAM Idle LE, which is nice but doesn't do much. Though with this I noticed that when I had sound problems while watching something, the RAM dropped to 0 and then back up when the sound went back to normal. I also did lots of computer cleaning, CCleaner, defragmenting, compressing, and disabling some of the processes that start automatically when the computer starts (which I'd recommend doing). And then I looked up a solution to this specific problem and found one. My laptop is back to being amazing.