Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Acer Aspire One Notebook Keeps Restarting

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire One Notebook Keeps Restarting within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a acer aspire one notebook and it keeps restarting at start up. I turned it off one day

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a acer aspire one notebook and it keeps restarting at start up. I turned it off one day and when i turned it one it would take me to a screen that had options for safe mode, last known good configuration, etc.. and when i choose all of them it starts to boot then a blue screen flashes and it restarts & this cycle never ends. i managed to get the stop number from a post on here that i read that said press f8 when i click last know good configuration.
STOP #0x000000ED(0x86B325A8, 0xC000009C, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

The STOP message is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME This could mean that your boot file is corrupted or it could mean your HDD has died.
Boot off of the XP CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors. If this fails, chances are great that the Hard Drive has died and needs to be replaced.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
The STOP message is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME This could mean that your boot file is corrupted or it could mean your HDD has died.
Boot off of the XP CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors. If this fails, chances are great that the Hard Drive has died and needs to be replaced.
my a notebook does not have a Cd or dvd Drive
is there any other ay to try this without the use of a Cd?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trane91 View Post
my a notebook does not have a Cd or dvd Drive
is there any other ay to try this without the use of a Cd?
i think i read that wrong i went to the link you posted & i dont see that screen when i try to boot it up
Old 04-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

You can use a USB CD/DVD rom drive, or you can try to make a . Boot off of the Flash Drive. First see if you can view your old C: Drive, if so, then get to the Command Prompt and type chkdsk C: /R the check disk utility will try and fix any errors.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
Registered Member

well the problem was simply solved by holding down the alt + f10 key i read it on another post & it sent my acer through erecovery & now it works thank you for your help tho & i hope this helps anyone having the same problem